Search This Blog

Monday 15 October 2012

No. 34 - Peppermint Square

This one is a bit too much like the last one - never mind.  One of my favorites as a kid - just because I liked eating sweetened condensed milk straight from the tin (there is always more in a tin that you need for any one thing....)

Peppermint Square

4 oz butter
4 oz sugar
1 egg
6 oz flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 dsp cocoa

Cream the butter and Sugar and add the egg.  Sift in the dry ingredients and spread the soft dough out in a sponge roll tin.

Bake at 170-180 degrees C for about 20 minutes.

Topping - to be poured on while the base is still hot

2 oz butter
2 TB sweetened condensed milk
2 oz icing sugar
peppermint essence (I use the essence bottle cap full, it's probably about a teaspoon)

When all that is cool and set, ice with chocolate icing.  Cut into Squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make my day tell me about your experience with this recipe - or share one like it....