Search This Blog

Tuesday 2 October 2012

No 33 - Keamish Square


I have no idea about the name....  I googled it and it appears to be a surname.  So I assume that sometime in the history of this recipe it was first published or promoted by a Mrs Keamish....

Keamish Square

4 oz butter
4 oz sugar
1 egg
6 oz floour
1 dsp cocoa
1 tsp baking powder

Cream the butter and sugar, beat in the egg and sift in the dry ingredients.  Spread in a greased pan about 8" x 10" (or so), and bake about 20 minutes at 170-180 degrees C.

Spread it over with raspberry jam while it is still warm.  (In this one I used Oregon Grape Jam - which is very dark coloured.)

Topping:

4 oz butter
2 oz icing sugar
1 tsp gelatine - in 2 TB boiling water
Cream the butter and icing sugar, add the dissolved gelatine and beat until creamy.  Spread on top of the jam and when set, cover with chocolate icing.

Cut into squares when the icing has set.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make my day tell me about your experience with this recipe - or share one like it....