Search This Blog

Sunday 15 April 2012

No 18 - Sydney Special

Sydney Special

Another recipe that came I believe from one of those 1960’s community cookbooks.  It was a good one for kids to start their baking experience with.  You don’t have to strain an arm beating sugar and butter to a fine creamy paste.  As a kid my heart always dropped when the recipe opened with: “Cream the butter and sugar….”  That muscle in my upper arm, just below my shoulder, could begin to ache just contemplating that instruction.

Sydney Special

1 cup flour
1 cup coconut
1 cup cornflakes
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cocoa
5 oz melted butter

Mix, press into a sponge roll tin and bake at 180 C for 15-20 minutes.  Finish with chocolate icing and a sprinkle of desiccated coconut.  Cut into squares (about 24).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make my day tell me about your experience with this recipe - or share one like it....